Join us on this Coral Sea Safari, 7 nights/6 days diving the best spots on the Great Barrier Reef. The safari covers 450 miles!You will dive the Coral Sea, at Ribbons Reef, Ospray Reef, Bouganbille Reef and explore Lizard Island. The tour will give you approximate 25 divers, including night dives. Designed for the experienced diver.
The liveaboard safari is based on twin share beds.
This itinerary has been designed to include the ‘prime’ Ribbon Reef sites that have restricted access.
- Thursday – Check in at 4.00pm – Cruise overnight to Ribbon Reef (10 individual reefs)
- Friday- Ribbon Reef #9 – Pixie Gardens, Cod Hole
- Saturday & Sunday – Coral Sea – Osprey Reef – Lizard Island
- Monday – Lizard Island & Ribbon Reef #10 & #9 – Cod Wall, Cod Hole, Challenger Bay
- Tuesday- Ribbon Reef #9, #5, #4 – Lighthouse Bommie, Pixie Pinnacle, Andy’s Postcard, Clam Beds, Vertical Gardens
- Wednesday: Ribbon Reef #3 – Flare Point, Joani’s Joy, Steve’s Bommie
- Thursday – Dock back in Cairns early morning
- Friday: Ribbon Reef #9 – Pixie Gardens, Cod Hole
- Swim with giant potato cod
- Spectacular coral gardens
- Night dives will introduce you to the nocternal marine animals
Saturday & Sunday:
- Coral Sea – Osprey Reef
- Enjoy 40 meter (132ft) visibility with spectacular walls disappearing to 1000metres
- Witness the resident shark population at North Horn
- Find the caves, overhangs and spectacular walls adorned
- Night dive
- Lizard Island & Ribbon Reef #10 & #9 – Cod Wall, Cod Hole, Challenger Bay
- Climb “Cook’s Look” at Lizard Island
- Explore the rarely dived Cod Wall
- Challenger Bay has spectacular coral gardens
- Great night dive location
Ribbon Reef #9, #5, #4 – Lighthouse Bommie, Pixie Pinnacle, Andy’s Postcard, Clam Beds, Vertical Gardens
- Circumnavigate Pixie Pinnacle and Lighthouse Bommie shrouded in fusilier baitfish.
- Majestic Minke whales are seen here in June and July.
- Rising from 80 meters the pinnacle of Andy’s Postcard is encrusted in hard corals,
- Lion fish, nudibranchs, octopus, schooling trevally and barracuda.
- See spectacular giant clams at Clam Beds as well as caves, canyons and coral encrusted bommies
- Sheer walls covered in whip corals and sea fans brim the natural amphitheatre of Vertical Gardens.
- Night dive
- Ribbon Reef #3 – Flare Point, Joani’s Joy, Steve’s Bommie
- Spiral majestic coral pinnacles teeming with diverse marine life.
- See huge schools of baitfish stalked by barracuda, mackerel and trevally.
- Anticipate spectacular coral gardens, spotted rays, reef sharks and green turtle sightings.
Dock back in Cairns
Early morning docking at Trinity Wharf – Cairns, breakfast, 8:00am courtesy transfers to Cairns city hotels.
1. In June and July we conduct special Minke Whale Expeditions with the second day devoted almost entirely to finding and snorkeling and/or diving with Minke whales.
Note: Itinerary subject to change. Superior vessel stability in adverse weather conditions ensure you a comfortable experience.
All guests are supplied with Nautilus Lifeline personal GPS locator devices, tanks and weight belts as part of the diving service.
Full or part gear hire is available onboard the vessel. Full gear hire includes mask, snorkel, regulator set, dive computer, full length 5mm wetsuit, 3mm hood, BCD, surface marker buoy, full foot fins, torch and cyalume sticks. We do not supply children’s sizing. It is strongly recommended that children bring their own wetsuit, mask and fins.
Included in price:
In addition to luxury onboard accommodation, we provide 24hr complimentary tea, coffee and water. A selection of beverages is served with every meal. Complimetary softdrinks and wine are served with dinner. Three chef prepared meals and in-between meal snacks are provided each day with fruit and biscuits always available. Please advise in advance if your have special dietary requirements. Additional wine, beer, mixed drinks and chocolates are available for purchase on board. Please do not bring any alcohol onboard as we have a ‘Ship’s Bar Only’ policy.
Available for purchase/hire:
Dive equipment hire, Underwater camera hire, Photo and Video services, Dive courses available. “Ship Shop” souvenirs and clothing available for purchase.
6 Nights, 7 Days
6:00 PM Thu
Thursday 8am – Trinity Wharf, Cairns. (courtesy inner city hotel transfers)
Prior to 4:00pm. Check-in luggage at 143 Lake Street, Cairns.
If unable to check-in prior to 4:00pm phone us using the details provided on your booking confirmation.
6:00pm our crew meet you at the Cairns Corporate Tower entrance and escort you to Spoilsport – Trinity Wharf, Cairns.
What to bring:
Personal toiletries, personal medication, swimming costume, hat, sunscreen, sunglasses, foot wear (sandals or tennis shoes), T-shirts, shorts, hair dryer (if required), sweater and sweat pants – light weight pants and tops for the evening are a good idea. Also your wildest “loud” shirt/dress for the BBQ evening.
Luggage Limit = 25kg per person and 3 kg carry-on.
Fitness level required:
Tours not suitable for children.
Spoilsport Vessel Features:
* Length 30m (100ft); Beam 10m (36ft); Speed 15 knots
* Passenger average 23 (max 28) Crew 11
* Twin hull’s reduce seasickness and maximises stability, space and privacy
* Twin or double cabins, most with ocean views. Daily cabin service
* Spacious: dining room; lounge; alfresco deck and sundeck
* Sensational chef prepared meals and in-between meal snacks
* Complimentary soft drinks and Australian wines with dinner
Spoilsport Dive Services:
* Complimentary Reef Ecology Program
* Low key photo comp on every expedition
* Huge dive deck with convenient entry/exit platforms
* Photographer friendly with 3 large camera tables
* ‘Open dive deck’ allows flexible dive planning
* 3 dive sites per day is normal
* Underwater photography and video services
* Nitrox fills (enquire for prices)
* PADI instruction: Advanced, Nitrox, Naturalist and Photo/Video
* Dry towel after each dive
* Solo diving as per Mike Ball Safe Solo System
* 2 large inflatable’s for personalised dive service.
Lizard Island, Great Barrier Reef, Cod Hole and Osprey Reef